Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Waiting...

Doctor visits are known to be frustrating. Yesterday, what was supposed to be an in and out visit turned out to be an hour and a half wait. We were going in for a weight check just to make sure Emerson's weight was rising properly, after which Bryant was going into work. Once we arrived we went into a room and Emerson was weighed. At that point we went back into the room, redressed him and waited on the doctor. After about an hour the doctor finally made it in the room and then decided to get one of the nurses in to prick (again) Emerson's foot for testing his bilirubin levels. We finally left a few minutes after 10. Good news, Emerson's weight rose 8 ounces in seven days and his bilirubin levels have lowered to 17.3. The bad news is 17.3 is still higher than we wanted. Yesterday's "weight check" visit took longer than his first visit seven days ago.

But we did get to have fun evening
yesterday. Emerson and I picked up Bryant from work and went to see our new friend in Clinton.  Erin is a photographer who did the newborn pictures for us and will be doing a few other sessions for us throughout the year. All the photos were so pretty I wanted them all! Unfortunately, that's not going to happen but we did pick out some amazing shots to use for now and at the end of the year will have some of the others in a nice album. I can't wait for the ones we ordered last night to be ready.

Just because I couldn't resist (and I don't really have a good one from yesterday or today) here's a picture of Emerson beginning to enjoy his play mat.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness. I can't wait to see the pics. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet boy. I love seeing pictures of him! :) Ellington and I had a long wait at the doctor's office yesterday too! She has a cold that just won't go away so we went in to get a prescription. Well, it was after 5 when we left. It was dark (obviously), most of the nurses had already left, and we still had to go pick up medicine! Ugh. Welcome to parenthood. :) Glad the sweet guy is doing a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hey! didn't know this existed! love it :) glad i have a blog for both my niece and my nephew now!

    ReplyDelete